ATree3D is simple to use 3D plants generator for architectural visualizations. With this script for 3ds max you can create endless types of trees, bushes, shrubs, flowers or grass. You can use it for low or high polygon models with precise control of the level of details on each sub-element. Script works inside the 3ds max viewport and show instant preview of your changes.
Archive for the ‘3ds max 2010’ Category
Posted by 3dnews on April 9, 2013
Posted by 3dnews on March 29, 2013
Raylight have announced that their set of script XRrayCAT 1.0 aimed at improving and speeding up working with CAT are now available for purchase from their website. The scripts improve main aspects of CAT including rig creation, managing CAT layers, working with poses, etc. More on Raylight’s website. Additionally, Raylight have updated their XRayunwrap UV unwrapping plugin and XrayBlendSkin dual quaternion skinning plugin to work with Max 2012 and 2013 in 32/64 bit versions.
Posted by 3dnews on September 12, 2012
Archmodels vol. 116 includes 25 sets and 87 visualization puzzles of lawns, fences, benches, gates, pavements and more for exterior renders. All models are ready to use with textures and shaders. The Archmodels 116 collection includes various 3d file formats..such .max, c4d, fbx, Mental Ray (max), Vray (max), Advanced Render (c4d), Vray (c4d), Cinema4d (R11.5 or higher). Feel Free to Download the .pdf catalogue and check out the images.
Posted in 3D, 3d models, 3ds max 2010, 3ds max 2012, 3ds max 2013, 3ds max design 2009, 3ds max design 2013, Mental Ray Render, Vray Render | Tagged: archmodels 116, archmodels vol. 116, evermotion archmodels 116 | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on June 19, 2012
Improvements / New features
– Grass generator and primitives added
– Support for grass flat primitive in 3rd party hair systems
– Anamorphic bokeh added
– MXS/MXI file compression
– New 3D vector displacement type for RealFlow displacement
– Support for non-bin particles vastly extended
– Added support for the environment variable “MAXWELL2_LICENSE_PATH” to define the folder where the license.txt file is located through an environment variable
– Support for blending materials for Maxwell Mesher fluid simulations
New Network features
– “Send dependencies” option can be unchecked now in Batch mode
– Added a preference to choose the behavior of the application when closing the window (minimize to tray/exit)
– Now the application prevents the system to enter automatically in sleep mode. It is not recommended to manually put the computer in sleep mode while networking, as this can break the communication between the network components
Posted by 3dnews on June 12, 2012
Chaos Group announces the V-Ray Application SDK: a user-friendly API enabling software developers to integrate and deploy V-Ray’s advanced ray tracing capabilities in third-party applications.
The V-Ray Application SDK reduces development time and expands functionality by leveraging the full power of V-Ray.
Key features include:
• Single image rendering in Production, RT CPU and RT GPU modes
• Multi-threaded processing
• Distributed Rendering across multiple nodes
• Simple classes and interfaces
• Strongly typed structures and events in Java and .Net
• Image rendering using in-process and out-of-process boundaries
• Support for V-Ray’s native .vrscene file format
“V-Ray is well-known for achieving photorealism at unparalleled speeds, making it the rendering engine of choice for many CG professionals. Chaos Group is proud to deliver this unique product to the developer community, to serve not only the needs of visual effects and design professionals, but to all industries where advanced ray tracing can be used. The official release of the V-Ray Application SDK will grant access to V-Ray’s optimized core, creating unlimited possibilities for V-Ray integration in third-party Apps,” said Boris Simandoff, V-Ray SDK Product Manager at Chaos Group.
Complete documentation includes sample applications and source code to help developers get started. The V-Ray Application SDK is expected to be available in Q3 2012.
Supported Operating Systems:
• Windows (64-bit)
• Linux (64-bit)
To apply for the V-Ray Application SDK program contact the Chaos Group team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by 3dnews on June 2, 2012
A simple Maxscript for 3ds max which helps you scatter books in a way they look natural..The script is easy and saves you tremendeous time. Doing this manually will take you loads of time.
3 simple steps
1. Load your books 3d models (the more the better) and align them in the viewport so that you can see their side with the title from the front view.
2. Select the books and press the Fix button on BookScatter. That realigns the books pivot point so that its easier for the script to scatter them correctly on the next step.
3. After you fix the pivot point choose how many shelves you want vertically and horizontally (in the example above i had used 8 and 8) length and gap settings as long as the randomization options. Then select the book models and press run to see the results. The script will try to fill the shelves length with as many books it can based on the shelve length and the book size. So do not try to scatter a book that its side is 50 cm in a shelve that is 30 cm, pay attention to your system and models units in order to see correct results.
Posted by 3dnews on April 26, 2012
Marius Silaghi released his new plugin TurboReverse for 3ds max. This plugin does completely opposite of 3ds max native Turbosmooth. The TurboReverse plugin recreates the subdivision levels of of a high poly mesh. Its one of the best plugins available to make a high poly to low poly mesh keeping your existing UVs intact. The new features available in the plugin are
– 100 times faster thanks to being a native plugin
– Ability to reverse just parts of your models based on your selection
– It can reverse multiple iterations at a time
Read More :
Posted in 3D, 3ds max 2010, 3ds max 2012, 3ds max 2013, 3ds max 9, 3ds max design 2009, 3ds max plugins, Low poly models | Tagged: 3ds max, 3ds max plugin, low poly mesh, poly mesh, software, turboreverse | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on April 3, 2012
In this beginner’s tutorial we’re going to create a bokeh effect in 3ds Max. The term bokeh is familiar from photography. When depth of field is shallow, part of the photo is blurred. Bokeh refers to that blur or the quality of it. There are a few different methods of creating shallow depth of field in 3ds Max, but this time we concentrate on the ‘Depth of Field / Bokeh’ camera shader which is a new feature in 3ds Max 2011. The Bokeh shader gives us nice tools to control the quality and the look of the out of focus areas.
Posted in 3ds max 2010, 3ds max 2012, 3ds max 2013, 3ds max 9, 3ds max Tutorials, Mental Ray Render, Uncategorized | Tagged: 3ds max tutorial, bokeh effect, mental ray shader, Special Effects | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on March 20, 2012
ScriptAttack announced the release of BonyFace 3.0 Basic, the latest version of its free script for rigging and animating facial expressions. New features include:
– Improved rig for eyes, mouth and jaw
– You can move the center of eyelid bones at any time
– You can rotate the jaw
– Added button to move controls back to original positions
– Added checkbox to reuse old skin for body or not
– Buttons to hide/show geometry and eye controls were added on BF toolbar
– BVH importer is available now as basic tool, buttons to import/remove bvh-model were added on BF toolbar
The release of the extended, commercial version of BonyFace 3.0 is expected soon.
Posted by 3dnews on June 17, 2009
Di-O-Matic released its new version of Pose-O-Matic which is now compatible with 3ds max 2010. Pose-O-Matic, an extension for Morph-O-Matic, allows you to use the Morph-O-Matic interface to control objects Position-Rotation-Scale and to blend between PRS shapes.