Archive for the ‘3d News’ Category
3D News from around the Globe
Posted by 3dnews on March 30, 2013
New features in Allegorithmic’s material creation software for authoring Substances include:
– Tessellation and multi-material support in the 3D View
– Normal map baking from high poly
– Live link with Adobe Photoshop
– A profiler that displays computation time spent by each node in your graph for helping with optimizations
Posted in 3d News | Tagged: Gaming, material creation, software | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on March 29, 2013
Raylight have announced that their set of script XRrayCAT 1.0 aimed at improving and speeding up working with CAT are now available for purchase from their website. The scripts improve main aspects of CAT including rig creation, managing CAT layers, working with poses, etc. More on Raylight’s website. Additionally, Raylight have updated their XRayunwrap UV unwrapping plugin and XrayBlendSkin dual quaternion skinning plugin to work with Max 2012 and 2013 in 32/64 bit versions.
Posted in 3d News, 3ds max 2010, 3ds max 2012, 3ds max 2013, 3ds max plugins | Tagged: Gaming, quaternion, raylight, software, Technology | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on November 7, 2012
Glare Technologies released its new version of Indigo Renderer 3.4 ..The new features include
– A new native 3ds max plugin integration
– Its ability to render with section planes and the new orthographic camera has been included for architectural purposes
– Improve in speed with much less grains produced now
– IES support has been improved
You can get a discounted price until november 23rd 2012
Read More : http://www.indigorenderer.com/threepointfour
Posted in 3D, 3D Animation, 3d News, 3ds max 2012, 3ds max 2013, 3ds max plugins | Tagged: arts, glare technologies, Indigo renderer, orthographic camera | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on October 1, 2012
FXGuide have posted a behind the scenes look at some of the effects created for the recently released film, Looper. Most notably, are the effects created by Atomic Fiction and Scanline Munich, which both used 3DS Max, Vray, Photoshop and Nuke to create various elements of the film.
Posted in 3D Animation, 3d News, 3ds max 2012, 3ds max design 2013, 3ds max plugins | Tagged: back to the future looper, entertainment, film, fxguide, looper, nuke, scanline, Vray | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on September 13, 2012
Take a Sneak Peek of Lumion 3.0 due this November from Act-3D. Act-3D posted some videos which shows you how well they integrated the 3D based Cloud system in Lumion 3.0. You can now fly through the Clouds in realtime..apart from that realtime shadows from the clouds on the scene can be seen. The Clouds look more realistic now in Lumion 3.0
Posted in 3D, 3d News | Tagged: Act-3d, Lumion 3, realtime rendering engine | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on August 23, 2012
CGriver.com is offering 30% discount on all AXYZ design products including collections and single items. To get your discount use the coupon code AZ30 while checkout. This discount is also applicable for their plugin Anima for 3ds max. There are a wide range of rigged characters and Cars. Grab the opportunity for your work.
Posted in 3D, 3d models, 3d News, 3ds max 2012, 3ds max 2013 | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on June 2, 2012
The amazing soft-body physics you know from Rigs of Rods, now even better in CryEngine3. Anything can be built in the Beam physics system – cars, trucks, planes, boats, trains, cranes, tanks, helicopters, and even destructible map objects and crash test dummies. It’s all real physics. Anything is possible.
Posted in 3D, 3d News | Tagged: cryengine 3, gaming engine, softbody dynamics | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on June 2, 2012
A simple Maxscript for 3ds max which helps you scatter books in a way they look natural..The script is easy and saves you tremendeous time. Doing this manually will take you loads of time.
3 simple steps
1. Load your books 3d models (the more the better) and align them in the viewport so that you can see their side with the title from the front view.
2. Select the books and press the Fix button on BookScatter. That realigns the books pivot point so that its easier for the script to scatter them correctly on the next step.
3. After you fix the pivot point choose how many shelves you want vertically and horizontally (in the example above i had used 8 and 8) length and gap settings as long as the randomization options. Then select the book models and press run to see the results. The script will try to fill the shelves length with as many books it can based on the shelve length and the book size. So do not try to scatter a book that its side is 50 cm in a shelve that is 30 cm, pay attention to your system and models units in order to see correct results.
Posted in 3D, 3d News, 3ds max 2010, 3ds max 2012, 3ds max 2013, 3ds max plugins, Maxscript | Tagged: Bookscatter for 3ds max, bookscatter maxscript, bookscatter plugin | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on April 18, 2012
COLIMO is a postproduction tool, that was designed with the primary target of changing scenes after the rendering process. This application is not the same than Motiva SOAP, it is his big brother.
CHANGE LIGHTS, COLORS AND TEXTURES using prerendered images as base. You can change colors and textures and his influence over the whole scene including raytraced reflections, refractions and GI bleeding. For better comprenhension visit the Videos & DEMO section.
RENDERER ENGINE INDEPENDENT It don’t handles real 3D data, 3D meshes are not needed anymore, you can share your project without share your meshes! It only takes some pre-rendered images and some passes of our (fast) Modo 501 pass or MR special shader.
FULLY GPU ACCELERATED All the process is made in your GPU through 32 bit internal buffers using the size of the viewport, but your images can be saved in full input size.
The New Features Include :
– RealCamera+ feature added
– Position of each panel is restored
– New file format for saved states
– Several improvements in state manager
– Threaded (faster and smoother) file loading
Posted in 3d News, design, Image manipulation | Tagged: lighting appication, motiva colimo | Leave a Comment »
Posted by 3dnews on April 4, 2012
Marc Lorenz has released a few hight quality timelapse sky videos in 1080p and higher resolution with different moods of the sky. All the videos are licensed to Creative commands and free for personal and commercial usage. visit the link below and download the videos from vimeo.
Posted in 3d News, 3d textures, Photography | Tagged: download sky time lapse, free time lapse video, sky time lapse, time lapse video | Leave a Comment »